Monday 11 February 2013

Mid-Somerset Wargames Club 7/2/2013

This week saw the first outing of Firestorm Invasion for myself. The forces were painted as January's pledge target for both myself & Steve Jones and we wanted to try a really simple game just to get the way the rules worked

Taking a squadron of each of the different vehicles available it was simple stand up and fight game. Things started well for my Terrans when I eliminated the Dindrenzi tank hunter squad on the first turn. However, that's as far as my luck went, I never won a round of initiative and several rounds of in-effective game card drawing meant I was shot to pieces across the table. It was a lot of fun though and looks likely to be a 'pick-up and play game' for us

click picture to enlarge

We have quite a few players of Warmachine/Hordes at the club (myself included) and this evening saw the first couple of games this year being played. They were both 1 on 1 games and featured some weird & wonderful figures (especially Rich's converted Cryx Deathjack below!) 

click picture to enlarge

click picture to enlarge

This week the organised game was a 15mm colonial affair. A thin blue line of French legionnaires tried to hold off waves of Zulu warriors. From what I heard afterwards, the Zulus won by chasing the French from the table, but took heavy casualties

click picture to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment