Thursday 23 August 2012

Sasha Charity Figure

Back at the end of 2011, the Frothers Unite miniature forum started a charity drive by getting a figure sculpted and for sale. This year's figure was a fantasy swords woman called Sasha and is based upon a drawing that was made of a character in a series of Dungeons & Dragons games that were broadcast on the internet. As one of the charities was cancer research I was happy to donate, as I lost my father early last year to it

The figure was sculpted by Kev White of Hasslefree Miniatures and then a limited number of metal casts made and then a further limited number cast in a new plastic compound called Trollcast by Troll Forged Miniatures. The one I had was one of the later, I was too late to get one of the metal ones


click picture to enlarge


The Trollcast plastic is excellent, there was no pitting or holes and the details are very, very crisp. Also, I simply clipped the tab from her feet and superglued her to a Fenris resin base. It stuck really well!

Here is the original drawing the figure was based on if anyone is interested. Well done to all those involved

click picture to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I daren't start doing Fantasy stuff who nows where it will lead.

    ReplyDelete