Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Hobbit: Tauriel & Thranduil

Kicking off my start back with painting, here are a couple of GW figures from the Hobbit films. It was because I rewatched the DVD of the first film that got me digging these figures out to paint. They were bought just after the second film came out nearly a year ago (although I didn't pay the price that GW sells them for..)

The first figure, Tauriel, is the female elf lead. The figure is a plastic kit that went together easily enough but to me the details seem a bit soft

click picture to enlarge

The next figure is of the elven king. It's cast in GW's resin, Finecast. Whilst the detail is better, I'm not a fan of Finecast as it flexes easily, is very light and on thin parts has a tendancy to break. I didn't find any of the horror stories regarding air bubbles on this casting but there were a couple that needed sorting

click picture to enlarge

More photos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment